count on

美 [kaʊnt ɑːn]英 [kaʊnt ɒn]
  • 指望;依靠;依赖;期望;预计
count oncount on

These words all mean to believe that sb/sth will do what you hope or expect of them or that what they tell you is correct or true.以上各词均含相信、信任、信赖之义。

to believe that sb is good, honest, sincere, etc. and that they will do what you expect of them or do the right thing; to believe that sth is true or correct指相信、信任、信赖:

You can trust me not to tell anyone.

你可以相信我不会跟任何人讲。

Don't trust what you read in the newspapers!

别相信你在报纸上读到的!

(often used with can/cannot/could/could not ) to trust sb/sth to do what you expect or want, to do the right thing, or to be true or correct(常与can/cannot/could/could not连用)指相信、信赖、指望:

He was the sort of person you could depend on.

他是你可以信赖的人。

Can you depend on her version of what happened?

你能相信她对所发生事情的描述吗?

(used especially with can/cannot/could/could not and should/should not ) to trust sb/sth to do what you expect or want, or to be honest, correct or good enough(尤与can/cannot/could/could not和should/should not连用)指信任、信赖:

Can I rely on you to keep this secret?

我能相信你会保守这个秘密吗?

You can't rely on any figures you get from them.

你不能相信从他们那儿得到的任何数据。

You can trust a person but not a thing or system. You can trust sb's judgement or advice , but not their support. You can depend on sb's advice or support , but not their judgement. Rely on/upon sb/sth is used especially with you can/could or you should to give advice or a promise.

(often used with can/cannot/could/could not ) to be sure that sb will do what you need them to do, or that sth will happen as you want it to happen(常与can/cannot/could/could not连用)指可否信赖、依靠、指望(某人做某事)、确信(某事会发生):

I'm counting on you to help me.

我就靠你帮我啦。

We can't count on the good weather lasting.

我们不能指望这样好的天气会持久。

to feel that you can trust sb and/or that they will be successful指信赖、信任、相信某人会成功:

They need a leader they can believe in.

他们需要一个可以信赖的领导。

count on

频次

  • 1
    PHRASAL VERB 期望;预计
    If you count on something or count upon it, you expect it to happen and include it in your plans.

    The government thought it could count on the support of the trades unions...

    政府认为可以指望获得工会的支持。

  • 2
    PHRASAL VERB 指望;依靠;依赖
    If you count on someone or count upon them, you rely on them to support you or help you.

    Don't count on Lillian...

    别指望莉莲。

verb

1
judge to be probable
Synonym: calculate estimate reckon figure forecast

数据来源:WordNet

  1. You would not count on the weather changed for better .

    你不要对天气变好寄予期望。

  2. As we have complete confidence in you , we shall count on you to execute the contract to our satisfaction .

    我们对贵方完全信任,所以我们期望贵方会令人满意地履行合同。

  3. Few people can count on having a job for life .

    几乎没有人能指望一辈子都干一个工作。

  4. We can 't count on the good weather lasting .

    我们不能指望这样好的天气会持久。

  5. We can 't count on this warm weather lasting .

    我们不能指望这暖和的天气会持久。

  6. I 'll be back . You can count on it

    我会回来的。你要相信。

  7. The government thought it could count on the support of the trades unions

    政府认为可以指望获得工会的支持。

  8. He had always been able to count on her wise counsel

    他总能从她那里得到明智的建议。

  9. I can always count on you to cheer me up

    你总能使我振作起来。

  10. He learned right off the bat that you can 't count on anything in this business .

    他立刻明白在这一行业中不能依靠任何东西。

  11. As long as the operative word is ' greed ' , you can 't count on people keeping the costs down

    只要“贪婪”仍是一切的出发点,就别指望人们会降低成本。

  12. I didn 't count on his capsizing the raft .

    我没有想到他会把筏子弄翻。

  13. Don 't count on Lillian

    别指望莉莲。

  14. You might get the refund , but don 't count on it .

    也许你能拿回退款,但是别太指望这事。

  15. You can always count on her wise counsel .

    你总能从她那里得到明智的建议。

  16. You can count on him .

    你可以信赖他。

  17. You can count on me to help in case of difficulty .

    设有困难,当助一臂之力。

  18. Mind , I count on your keeping the promise .

    听着,我指望你信守诺言。

  19. He is at the end of his resources , too . Don 't count on him for help .

    他也束手无策,别指望他帮助啦。

  20. They decided not to count on foreign aid to relieve the famine .

    他们决定不依靠外援来救灾。

  21. We can always count on him for help in any emergency .

    在任何紧急情况下我们总是能够依靠他来帮助。

  22. Don 't count on other people to help you out of trouble .

    别指望他人能帮你摆脱困境。

  23. If you set no count on workers , you set no count on your parents .

    如果你瞧不起工人,你就看不起你的父母。

  24. But don 't count on it .

    但是不要指望它。

  25. Don 't always count on others .

    别总指望别人。

  26. You can count on him for a truthful report of the accident .

    你放心,他会对事故作出如实的报告的。

  27. I know I can always count on him , and he also knows that he can count on me .

    我知道我总能依靠(counton)他,他也知道他能依靠我。

  28. Come rain or shine , you can count on the players7 to play their matches and win .

    不论发生什么情况,你都可以指望这些球员们去参加比赛并取得胜利。

  29. There was just one thing you didn 't count on .

    只有一件事你没有算到。

  30. Many people count on the bus to be on time every day .

    每天都有许多人指望公共汽车准时。

depend on bank on count on reckon on rely on 【导航词义:依赖】
depend on v. 依靠,依赖
〔辨析〕

指依赖他人或某物给予的帮助和支持而得以生存或取得成功,常可与 rely on 换用。

〔例证〕

He depends/relies on his mother's state pension.

他靠母亲的国家养老金维持生活。

This country depends/relies heavily on imports.

这个国家非常依赖进口。

We depend/rely on him to help us meet deadlines.

我们指望他帮助我们按时完工。

bank on v. 依靠,指望
〔辨析〕

指希望某事发生或某人做某事,常可与 count on 换用。

〔例证〕

Improve yourself rather than banking/counting on the defeat of your rivals.

要提高你自己而不是指望着对手失败。

I was banking/counting on getting some rest on the train.

我还指望着在火车上休息会儿呢。

My father is banking/counting on me to pay his debts.

我爸爸指望着我帮他还债。

count on v. 依靠,指望
〔辨析〕

尤指在困难的情况下依靠某人或某事。

〔例证〕

You can count on him.

你可以信赖他。

You might get the refund, but don't count on it.

也许你能拿回退款,但是别太指望这事。

reckon on v. 〈英〉指望
〔辨析〕

特指在制订计划时,希望某事可以发生。

〔例证〕

The candidate was reckoning on getting at least 70% of the votes.

那位候选人希望能获得至少70%的选票。

The commission was reckoning on a profit of more than 1 million yuan a year.

委员会指望每年能盈利逾一百万元。

rely on v. 依赖
〔辨析〕

指为了生存或生活而依赖某事。

〔例证〕

This country relies heavily on the humanitarian aid of several developed countries.

这个国家主要依靠几个发达国家的人道主义援助。

We relied on computers to do this work.

过去我们依赖电脑来做这项工作。